Powered by RedCircle
Welcome back to Therapy Chat! This week, host Laura Reagan, LCSW-C revisits a conversation with an incredible healer and coach. Today’s guest is Mara Glatzel, MSW.
She is an intuitive guide and energy healer for women who facilitates daily conversations about intention, truth, and celebration. A creative leader, Mara is expert at living in her own skin with grace and ease.
At the core of her work is the desire to live a well-intentioned life, which means more joy, grit, and vibrant imperfection to spare. She is MY kind of person—how about you? Her website makes you feel warm, glittery, and nurturing, and her writings and programs are truly inspiring. Want to learn more? Join us!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Mara works with women who want to live with more intention and responsibility.
- She likes to take nebulous concepts that are hidden in layers and break them down into tangible, relatable pieces.
- Mara’s work isn’t like other therapies or focused on symptoms, but is based on self-love and self-compassion.
- Mara found this niche after finding herself “not fitting into” the standard therapy role.
- She knows what it means to struggle with body image, fears, and trusting yourself.
- When we sacrifice ourselves in order to “belong” to the world around us, then loneliness is the result.
- You can have all the “right” things happening in your life, and be MISERABLE!
- Mara’s writing background flows perfectly into her intimate newsletter offerings, which happens to be her very favorite place to write!
- Mara is gifted in being able to take about difficult topics in ways that people can receive them.
- Her newsletter features the unusual option, “Click here if you want me to read this to you.” People love it!
- “Why aren’t there MORE spaces in which people are lovingly spoken to?”
- Mara offers several programs throughout the year, many of which Laura enjoys participating in.
- Mara’s podcast, “Needy,” is for anyone who struggles to acknowledge their own needs. Check it out here!
Find everything Mara Glatzel offers at her website here.
Join me for a FREE AVAIYA Summit on Toxic Shame & Codependency! This starts August 15, 2022 and I will be presenting with my colleague and friend, prior Therapy Chat guest Erika Shershun, LMFT on how toxic shame shows up in our body. We will guide you through a practice to work with shame held in the body. Register here for free access!
Also, my coach and friend (and prior Therapy Chat guest) Keri Nola has opened the doors to her Abundance Activator community for a limited time. Sign up here and enter the code Therapychat to receive a special offer only for Therapy Chat listeners!
Lastly, after many requests from listeners, Erika and I are co-creating a course on Healing Sexual Trauma which is intended for release in September, 2022. Get on the interest list here and receive a free copy of Erika’s e-book, The Many Ways to Ground, which will teach you several somatically-oriented practices to get grounded. We will make sure to let you know when the course is on sale!
Thank you to The Receptionist for iPad for sponsoring this week’s episode.
The Receptionist for iPad is the highest-rated digital check-in software for therapy offices and behavioral health clinics, used by thousands of practitioners across the country.
Sign up for a 14-day free trial of The Receptionist for iPad by going to www.thereceptionist.com/therapychat and when you do, you’ll also receive a twenty five dollar Amazon gift card.
Thank you also to TherapyNotes for sponsoring this week’s episode! TherapyNotes makes billing, scheduling, notetaking, and telehealth incredibly easy. And now, for all you prescribers out there, TherapyNotes is proudly introducing E-prescribe!
Find out what more than 100,000 mental health professionals already know, and try TherapyNotes for 2 months, absolutely free.
Try it today with no strings attached, and see why everyone is switching to TherapyNotes. Now featuring E-prescribe. Use promo code “chat” at www.therapynotes.com to receive 2 FREE months of TherapyNotes!
This episode is also sponsored by Trauma Therapist Network.
Learn about trauma, connect with resources and find a trauma therapist near you at www.traumatherapistnetwork.com. We believe that trauma is real, healing is possible and help is available.
Therapists, registration is now closed for for Trauma Therapist Network membership but you can join the waiting list! We are a compassionate and skilled group of trauma therapists who gather for weekly calls focused on Self Care, Case Consultation, Q&A and Training.