Therapy Chat Podcast
Host Laura Reagan, LCSW-C (she/her), a Baltimore-area integrative trauma therapist, started Therapy Chat Podcast in 2015. Since then she has been interviewing therapists, researchers, authors, coaches and other experts on trauma, attachment, mindfulness, self-compassion, relationships, neuroscience, creativity, self-care, perfectionism and worthiness.
The overall focus of the show is on “bottom-up” approaches to healing trauma. Be a fly on the wall as Laura and her guests talk about psychotherapy in ways that might surprise you!
Past Therapy Chat Podcast guests have included authors and experts in the field of trauma and mental health including:
- Dr. Patricia Ogden, Founder of Sensorimotor Psychotherapy and Author of Trauma and the Body, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, and Sensorimotor Psychotherapy in Context has been a Therapy Chat Podcast guest twice;
- Dr. Kristin Neff, Author of Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind To Yourself and Fierce Self-Compassion: How Women Can Harness Kindness to Speak Up, Claim Their Power and Thrive;
- Dr. Gabor Maté, Author of When The Body Says No: The Cost of Hidden Stress, In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters With Addiction, Scattered Minds: The Origin and Healing of Attention Deficit Disorder and others;
- Dr. Mona Delahooke, Author of Beyond Behaviors & Brain-Body Parenting, has been a guest on Therapy Chat Podcast twice;
- Dr. Arielle Schwartz, Author of many books including The Complex PTSD Workbook;
- Dr. Deborah Korn, Author of Every Memory Deserves Respect;
- Sharon Martin, LCSW, Author of The Better Boundaries Workbook and The CBT Workbook for Perfectionism has been a guest on Therapy Chat Podcast three times and counting;
- Deirdre Fay, MSW, Author of Becoming Safely Embodied and Attachment-Based Yoga and Meditation for Trauma Recovery has been on Therapy Chat Podcast twice;
- Sarah Peyton, Author of Your Resonant Self & The Resonant Self Workbook has been on Therapy Chat Podcast three times and counting;
- Dr. Leslie Korn, Author of Nutrition Essentials for Mental Health, The Good Mood Kitchen, and Natural Woman: Herbal Remedies for Radiant Health at Every Age and Stage of Life, among others, has been a guest on Therapy Chat Podcast multiple times;
- Deb Dana, LCSW, Author of Polyvagal Theory in Therapy and Polyvagal Exercises for Safety and Connection has appeared twice on Therapy Chat Podcast;
- Dr. Lindsay Gibson, Author of Self Care for Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents & Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents as well as other books;
- Dr. Jonice Webb, Author of Running On Empty: Overcome Your Childhood Emotional Neglect and Running On Empty No More: Transform Your Relationships With Your Partner, Your Parents and Your Children has been on Therapy Chat Podcast twice;
- and so many more guests.
Since its start in August 2015, Therapy Chat has over 325 episodes, has been heard in 160+ countries and has over 5 Million Downloads!
Currently a Top Podcast in the Mental Health Category in the United States, Canada, Great Britain and Australia!
THANK YOU TO OUR CURRENT SPONSOR, THERAPYNOTES!
Receive 2 Free Months Of TherapyNotes By Clicking The Link Above!
TherapyNotes makes billing, scheduling, notetaking, and telehealth incredibly easy. And now, for all you prescribers out there, TherapyNotes is proudly introducing E-prescribe!
Find out what more than 100,000 mental health professionals already know, and try TherapyNotes for 2 months, absolutely free.
Try it today with no strings attached, and see why everyone is switching to TherapyNotes. Now featuring E-prescribe. Click here or use promo code “chat” at www.therapynotes.com to receive 2 FREE months of TherapyNotes!
Thank you to our current sponsor, The Receptionist for iPad! Click the logo below to sign up for a free trial and receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card!
The Receptionist for iPad is the highest-rated digital check in software for therapy offices and behavioral health clinics, used by thousands of practitioners across the country.
Sign up for a 14-day free trial of The Receptionist for iPad by going to www.thereceptionist.com/therapychat and when you do, you’ll also receive a twenty five dollar Amazon gift card.