Trauma Chat Episode 08
Click here to download a transcript of this episode.
In this week’s episode, host Laura Reagan, LCSW-C, a trauma therapist, consultant and coach, talks about Attachment Styles and how they show up in our lives. In this episode you will hear Laura talk about:
- What is Attachment?
- How does Attachment develop?
- What are the 4 Attachment styles?
- How does Attachment show up in our lives?
- Historical context of Attachment over the last 100 years
Resources for this Episode:
Dr. Robert T. Muller’s book, Trauma and the Struggle to Open U
Therapy Chat Interview with Dr. Robert T. Muller
Lisa Ferentz’s workbook, Letting Go of Self Destructive Behaviors: A Workbook of Hope & Healing
Dr. Janina Fisher’s book, Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Self-Alienation
10 Most Popular Therapy Chat Episodes on Trauma, Dissociation and Attachment
Episodes Linked from above:
10. Episode 144: How Does Our Attachment Style Affect Our Relationships? With Stuart Fensterheim, LCSW
9. Episode 198: Chaos, Conflict, Secrecy: Abusive/Dysfunctional Family Dynamics with Sharon Martin, LCSW
8. Episode 134: It’s Not Always Depression, So What Is It? with Hilary Jacobs Hendel, LCSW
7: Episode 204: Learning To Be Kind To Ourselves with Dr. Jane Tornatore
6. Episode 159: Understanding Polyvagal Theory with Deb Dana, LCSW
5. Episode 191: Understanding Childhood Emotional Neglect with Dr. Jonice Webb
4. Episode 202: Inherited Family Trauma with Mark Wolynn
3. Episode 194: Childhood Trauma and the Mind/Body Connection with Dr. Gabor Maté
2. Episode 212: All About Dissociation – 4 Episode Compilation including interviews with Kathy Steele, LCSW and Dr. Dick Schwartz
1. Episode 111: Relationships and Childhood Emotional Neglect with Dr. Jonice Webb
Healthline Article on Avoidant Attachment
Healthline Article on Disorganized Attachment
CPTSD Foundation Article on Anxious Attachment
E-Course from Dr. Daniel Siegel and Dr. Lisa Firestone on Attachment
Michelle Farris’s Blog with information on Codependency
Sharon Martin’s website with her books, blog posts and more on Codependency and Perfectionism
Dr. Jonice Webb’s Childhood Emotional Neglect Website
Nedra Tawwab’s book Set Boundaries, Find Peace: A Guide to Reclaiming Yourself.
Leave a message with a question to be included in a future episode: https://www.speakpipe.com/traumachatpod
Follow Trauma Chat on Instagram: www.instagram.com/traumachatpod
Follow Trauma Therapy Coaching & Consulting on Facebook: www.facebook.com/traumatherapyconsulting
Get more information on Trauma Chat at: www.traumachatpod.com. Sign up for the email list to stay in touch and receive a free gift!
To listen to Laura’s other podcast, Therapy Chat, go to: www.therapychatpodcast.com
If you like Trauma Chat please go to iTunes and leave a rating and review and subscribe to receive each episode as soon as it comes out.
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey – https://petebailey.net/audio